Windsor Hill, Newry
We are proud to present this splendid Edwardian family home, situated in one of the most highly sought after locations in Newry, a short stroll from the city centre and within the catchment area of many excellent primary and secondary schools. Offering exceptional transport links, a five minute drive from Newry train station and the main motorway linking Belfast and Dublin, make this elegant home an excellent choice for commuting to either city.
This much loved family residence, constructed in 1911, benefits from spacious, well maintained accommodation, with a host of original period features including high ceilings adorned with decorative coving and centre roses, original floor tiling, period fireplaces and an elegant, original staircase.
The front of the property is approached via electronic gates to a large gravel driveway bordered by mature trees and flowering shrubs, with ample parking space for four cars and comes equipped with an electric car charging point.
The stunning, south-facing, secluded garden has been professionally landscaped to complement the house and is richly stocked with a variety of specimen trees and mature flowering plants. Several patios are located to avail of sunlight throughout the day and to offer relaxed outdoor dining and entertaining space. The focal point of the garden is a feature waterfall which cascades through a large rockery, leading to an enclosed lawn.
The stylishly decorated interior of this family home is finished to a high standard throughout, offering a rare opportunity to acquire a property combining all of the historic allure of a genuine period residence, with attractive modern comforts in the prime location of Windsor Hill.
- Entrance Porch 6' 11'' x 4' 11'' (2.1m x 1.5m)
- Original mahogany front door. Original decorative tiled flooring. Magnificent stained-glass panels with double doors leading to the entrance hallway. Original coving.
- Entrance Hallway 6' 3'' x 21' 0'' (1.9m x 6.4m)
- Spacious hallway with original decorative tiled flooring. High ceilings, original coving and ceiling rose. Impressive, original mahogany staircase leading to the first floor accommodation. Decorative glazed window to Kitchen.
- Living Room 13' 5'' x 15' 9'' (4.1m x 4.8m)
- Front Elevation. High ceilings with original coving and ceiling rose. Large bay window and side window with views to the landscaped front gardens. Period mahogany fireplace painted white, cast-iron decorative insert with gas fire fitted. Picture rail.
- Drawing Room 13' 5'' x 15' 9'' (4.1m x 4.8m)
- Rear & Side Elevation. Majestic, black polished granite fireplace complete with gas fire. High ceilings with original coving and ceiling rose. Pitched pine original flooring. Large bay window with views to the landscaped rear gardens and side window overlooking the patio garden.
- Kitchen/Diner 14' 5'' x 21' 4'' (4.4m x 6.5m)
- Dual aspect Front & Rear Elevation. Range of fitted Maple units with black granite worktops. Gas 5 ring hob, electric fan oven, integrated and dishwasher and tall fridge. Ample space to accommodate a large dining table and chairs. Back door leading to the landscaped rear garden via enclosed backyard, with boiler house and storage sheds. Recessed lighting.
- Utility room 5' 3'' x 7' 7'' (1.6m x 2.3m)
- Front Elevation. Views toward the landscaped front garden. Tiled flooring. Ample space for washing machine, tumble dryer and freezer.
- Cloak Room
- Under stairs storage space.
- Separate W.C. 3' 7'' x 7' 10'' (1.1m x 2.4m)
- Rear Elevation. Original black and white tiled decorative flooring. Original period toilet and sink.
- First Floor Landing
- Spacious, split-level landing with carpet flooring. Large original stained-glass feature window. Original coving and ceiling roses. Original mahogany staircase leading to the top floor.
- Bedroom 1 16' 1'' x 13' 9'' (4.9m x 4.2m)
- Rear Elevation. Offering views to the rear, south-facing private garden. High ceiling with original coving and ceiling rose. Original pitched pine flooring. Original cast-iron fireplace with original inset and decorative tiles, with fitting in place for gas fire. Picture rail.
- Bedroom 2 16' 1'' x 13' 9'' (4.9m x 4.2m)
- Front Elevation. Offering views to the landscaped front garden. High ceiling with original coving and ceiling rose. Original cast-iron fireplace with original inset and decorative tiles. Picture rail.
- Bedroom 3 12' 10'' x 12' 2'' (3.9m x 3.7m)
- Front Elevation. Currently being used as an additional reception room. Original cast-iron fireplace with original inset tiling. Original coving and ceiling rose. Views to the front landscaped garden. Picture rail.
- Separate W.C. 3' 11'' x 5' 7'' (1.2m x 1.7m)
- Rear Elevation. Original toilet with high level cistern. Original black and white decorative tiled flooring. Period style black radiator.
- Family Bathroom 9' 2'' x 5' 11'' (2.8m x 1.8m)
- Rear Elevation. Consisting of original cast-iron bath, original sink with mirrored light fitting above. Original decorative black and white tiled flooring. Daryl shower enclosure with power shower. Recessed lighting.
- Walk in Hotpress 5' 11'' x 5' 7'' (1.8m x 1.7m)
- Hot water tank. Shelving for clothes storage.
- Second Floor Landing
- Spacious split-level landing with carpet flooring. Large window to the side offering panoramic city and mountain views.
- Bedroom 4 15' 1'' x 13' 9'' (4.6m x 4.2m)
- Rear Elevation. Large spacious room with an arched window overlooking the rear garden with city and mountain views. Large built-in cupboard with shelving.
- Bedroom 5 14' 9'' x 14' 1'' (4.5m x 4.3m)
- Front Elevation. Large spacious room with an arched window overlooking the front garden. Original cast-iron fireplace with original inset tiling. Two large built-in cupboards with shelving.
- Bedroom 6/Study 14' 5'' x 12' 6'' (4.4m x 3.8m)
- Front Elevation. Large home office with ample working space and multiple electrical points. Original pitched pine flooring. Arched window with views to the landscaped front garden. Original cast-iron fireplace with original inset and decorative tiles. Large built-in cupboard with shelving.
- Family Bathroom 13' 5'' x 9' 2'' (4.1m x 2.8m)
- Rear Elevation. Stylish family bathroom designed in keeping with the period features of the house. Cast-iron freestanding bath. Large porcelain console sink with matching mirror and wall lights. Daryl shower enclosure with power shower. Period style black radiator. Ceiling rose.