Planning Permission Granted for Single Storey Extension
Tranquil Views of the Mourne Mountains
Only 5 minutes' walk to Carlingford Lough Shore & Kilbroney Forest Park
Built c.1870 by the Earl of Kilmorey
Spanning approx 2,432 sq ft
New to the market, this five bedroom detached family residence is full of character and historic charm. Situated in the heart of Rostrevor village, this exceptional home benefits from being located within close proximity to local primary schools, bus stops, pubs and restaurants and only a 5 minute walk to the scenic Carlingford Lough shore line and Kilbroney Forest Park. 'Seabright' is a period property dating back to c.1870, built and resided in by the Earl of Kilmorey, and was one of the first to be built on the new Shore Road in Rostrevor. The Earl of Kilmorey was one of several notable occupants, in addition to renowned artist Patric Stevenson (previous president of the Royal Ulster Academy) who entertained guests such as Sir Stanley Spencer who painted the famous Potato Patch, Rostrevor. Seabright served for a time as an Aparthotel, housing guests from across the globe, before becoming an art gallery in the early 1990s.
The property has since had sympathetic refurbishment to create the more modern living areas that exist within the home today, all while maintaining the periodic charm of it's time. Characteristic features include Victorian archways, high ceilings, three-sided bay windows, panelled window shutters, stained glass & attractive coving. The spacious garden has allowed the current owners to be granted planning permission for a single-storey extension, offering potential purchasers the opportunity to further modernise and extend the existing kitchen/living area. There is also a garden room externally, which offers the added benefit of being used as an office space for those working from home.
This is a rare opportunity to buy a detached period property with such privacy, garden space, and private parking, all while residing in the heart of Rostrevor village.